Friday, October 11, 2013

A Journey to Hong Kong Day 3 : Wai Kee Noodle Café (維記咖啡粉麵) & Lau Sum Kee Noodle (劉森記麵家) @ Sham Shui Po

Click in if you haven't read my Journey to Hong Kong Day 3 Part 2.

p/s I just change new phone recently and all food notes I saved in my old phone gone coz I simply forget about it. FML!! Hence I am writing this based on my memory.. sorry if there is some inaccuracy :(

So after playing with rain on afternoon, we went back to our guest house to rest. We are suppose to take a walk and do some night street shooting at Sham Shui Po but apparently YY is too lazy to move. So, here come my mission.. tapao dinner for both of us D: But you know.. Hong Kong is full of chinese word that not a single words I know how to read. Ok la I can read 一 二 三 only lol... After some research on internet, finally I decided to tapao at Wai Kee Noodle Café (維記咖啡粉麵) & Lau Sum Kee Noodle (劉森記麵家) that located at Sham Shui Po.

Sham Shui Po can be easily reached by MTR. Well all the surrounding look exactly same with Tsim Sha Tsui lol..There was night market happening too. I decided to walk around before buying dinner. I shall classified Sham Shui Po as electronic heaven street! The street is full with electronic shop especially mobile phones. Was trying for vintage camera shop but failed.





Finally, time for my mission, looking for the shop to tapao dinner. For this mission, I heavily depended on offline navigation using Google Map since I don't have data. Well you know it is never accurate and most of the time it point me wrong place or just simply go wrong. The next thing I did was looking at the shop signboard and compare the chinese character with the one I found in internet. YES I COMPARE ONE BY ONE! 一 BY 一! LOL

ok after confirm is the shop I just went in and ask the shop owner is it the shop name. What's make me frustrated is the pronunciation. You know it is call Wai Kee but in cantonese it might call Wai Kei or Wai Kay or whatever it is. Hence, I pronounced wrongly and leave a question mark to the shop owner. Later, I just show him the chinese character and ask it is this shop LOL.. Ok mission successed! I am such a genius!

維記咖啡粉麵 Wai Kee Noodle Café
G/F, 62 & 67 Fuk Wing Street / Shop D, G/F, 165-167 Pei Ho Street , Sham Shui Po
深水埗福榮街62號及66號地下及北河街165-167號地下D號

劉森記麵家 Lau Sum Kee Noodle
G/F, 48 Kweilin Street, Sham Shui Po (exit c2)
深水埗桂林街48號地下

So ya I tapao pork liver’s nissin noodles from Wai Kee Noodle Café, har zhi meen (dried shrimp noodle) and Sui Kow (dumpling) from Lau Sum Kee Noodle and also some fish ball from the night market. You know I am always curious those fish ball taste since always seen in HK drama or movie.

* Pork Liver's Nissin Noodles *

I guess the noodle is becoming soft due to deep into the soup too long after a long trip back to guest house. The livers is good but abit too heavy tasted. It is chewy too! Not to mention the amounts of pork liver given is alot!

* Dried Shrimp Noodle *

Don't really like the dried shrimp noodle. It is dry and doesn't taste good.

* Dumplings *

On the other hand, the dumpling is pretty good. It packed full of ground meat and shrimp! Yummy

* Fish Ball *

Nothing much to shout on the fish ball. Maybe I should order the spicy one instead :/

There goes my last part of day 3. Gosh never expect time move so fast. Already 3 days in Hong Kong but still doesn't explore enough especially on foods. Nevertheless, next post is about we go fishing and also meet the buddha! :D

0 comments: