Monday, October 14, 2013

A Journey to Hong Kong Day 4 : Fisherman Village at Tai-O (大澳)

Click in if you haven't read my Journey to Hong Kong Day 4 Part 1.

So it is already day 4 in Hong Kong. Time flies! I have mix feeling at the beginning whether to visit Ngong Ping 360 and Tai-O or not because I knew it gonna takes one day tour to there and also it is far from the city. In the end we still decided to go. Grab a quick breakie from 7-11 which I seriously love their food so much LOL


Anyway, to accessed to Tai-O, firstly need to go through Ngong Ping. We took MTR to Tung Chung station, then walk abit to the cable car. At the cable car counter, you'll see difference packages available for both Ngong Ping and also Tai-O. We choose the cheapest package as we could since we did not came to travel luxuriously.. Well to be honest the price for foods here is over my estimation hence limit myself on spending luxuriously :(

So yea, we took the cable car! I don't recall when was my last time taking a cable car. It is freaking high! Not to mentioned it is hazy thanks to the rain. We are same cabin with a father and daughter who just around 5-7 years old. From their conversation, really can feel the love from a dad to his daughter. He took the effort and patient to answer all his daughter curiosity question during the journey. I am regret now that I did not take initiative to offer a photo for them. I can imagine their happy face :)


So yea back to the trip, we reach ngong ping after 30 min ride of cable car I think? Or less. I dont recall but mehh.. Ok it is Ngong Ping! But we are not visiting this place yet since we actually rushing to go Tai-O first due to the bus schedule. Clearly seen it is still raining heavily. Now I wish I have Olympus OM-D E-M5 pair with couple of weather sealed lens... LOL Anyway we took the bus near the Ngong Ping entrance and to Tai-O, which take around 20 minute driving.








So here we are! Tai-O! A fisherman village! A place where I first time witnessed real fisherman house that build on top of the sea! It really feel great and refreshing. The village itself not really big and easily explored. Man, I really wish I could come back and do a series of photography fisherman catching fish! It would be epic documentary :D For that I need Olympus OM-D E-M1 + weather sealed lens! Another excuses to upgrade my camera LOLL :P






We had our lunch in one of the restaurant before decided to take the boat and tour around the island and also see dolphin. I think the lunch cost around $310.. sigh this is what exactly I am talking about food price in HK...



So yea it is island tour time with the motor boat! Unfortunately my camera is not fast enough to captured them but my eye did witnessed them for real! We saw pink color dolphin too!



Don't ask me the how does the General Rock look like a human shaped General. I hardly visualize it until today.

Overall, it is a very satisfying trip to Tai-O. It is very beautiful village with friendly people around. Really wish I could spend more time here and do street shooting.

Anyway, we head back to Ngong Ping next and meet the buddha!

More photo in my Jackie A Journey Called Jloi Facebook Page :)

1 comments:

Kelvin -KtheBlogger- Tan said...

I LOL at the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs pic. The sign read Snow White spouse wanted. Haha