Friday, September 13, 2013

A Journey to Hong Kong Day 3 : Tim Ho Wan (添好運) Dim Sum

Click in if you havent read my Journey to Hong Kong Day 2 Part 3.

Guess I need to speed up my rate in posting my HK trips, hahaha.. Anyway, finally day 3 in Hong Kong. Time seem past so fast. Supposing we are going Disneyland but some mood swing happened and we decided to change our plan. Sometime being impromptu doesn't that bad. We woke up early in the morning, decided to have a try on Hong Kong most famous Dim Sum shop, Tim Ho Wan (添好運). I heard it is a must go when you're at Hong Kong. Michelin Star yo!


Heard that the old location of Tim Ho Wan wasn't there anymore and they shifted to Mong Kok, Olympian City 3. It is a quite of distance walking from Mong Kok MTR Station and it was rain that morning. Luckily we brace with our umbrella and managed to find it the dim sum shop. The interior look more modern than I expected.. I was expecting some old fashion style char chan teng (cafe). Still, nothing can change the fact that the place was pretty small and definitely not comfortable with alot foods on the table.


Nevertheless, here are our foods! I am actually drooling now while blogging this and looking on my own photos.. T.T I miss Hong Kong badly...

* Glue Rice Dumpling $26 *

The HK style lo mai kai which is totally difference from us here. The rice tasted plain obviously eventhough it is very sticky. To my surprise they even have mixture of chicken, pork and yuen cheong as well. Personally, I like our lo mai kai better.

* Baked Bun with BBQ Pork $19*

Baked bun with BBQ Pork is one of the signature dim sum in Tim Ho Wan. The bun is very crispy and nice. The BBQ pork meat abit salty though. Unfortunately, the amount of meat inside the bun is very little. Greed inside me asked for more!

* Fried Prawn Dumpling with Mayonnaise Sauce $20 *

Nothing much to shout. It is definitely crispy and prawn meat are chewy.

* Vermicelli Roll Stuffed with Shrimp $22 *

Veggie lover gonna love this! It is full of heavy veggie taste!

* Phoenix Talons with Abalone Sauce $14*

The talon is mixed with mint which my deary don't like. The overall taste wasn't that great either thanks to the mint.

* Steamed Fresh Shrimp Dumplings $24 *

The shrimp is fresh and chewy! Wish I could asked for more.

* Steamed Dumplings with Shrimp $24 *

As the name suggestion, it is shrimp inside instead of pork meat. It has heavy herbal taste though.

Total damage $155. The price is pretty reasonable and the portion is actually very big. Highly recommended for the Baked bun with BBQ Pork. The rest just feel average for me though.

Shop 72, G/F, Olympian City 2, 18 Hoi Ting Road, Tai Kok Tsui
大角咀海庭道18號奧海城二期G樓72號舖

Next! We are going to have some prayer in HK!

p/s All foods photo taken with Sony Cyber-shot HX50v

2 comments:

Kelvin -KtheBlogger- Tan said...

That's a really big looking dumpling rice.

Jackie said...

@Kelvin very difference from malaysia!