Friday, August 16, 2013

A Journey to Hong Kong Day 2 : Madame Tussauds , Spaghetti 360 and Tai Thong Bakery at the Peak Galleria

Click in if you havent read my Journey to Hong Kong Day 2 Part 1.


After a huge mistake in taking bus, we finally took the MTR and back to Admiralty station. From there, we used google map again to navigate us to Peak Tram. It took around 10-15 minutes walking. Obviously, it is pack with people especially people from mainland. Not to mentioned it is Sunday! I regret my decision but since we are there already, we just go ahead.

* The packages *
* Our ticket *

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think there is other way to Madame Tussauds except using Peak Tram unless, you're driving. Here some fun fact about the Peak Tram from discoverhongkong.com :


The Peak Tram opened in 1888 for the exclusive use of the British governor and The Peak’s residents, but today it can be enjoyed by everyone as the steepest funicular railway in the world. The journey takes only seven minutes and is a visual experience to remember, as skyscrapers glide past at what appear to be impossible angles while the tram makes its ascent.
The Peak Tram operates from 7am to midnight daily, departing at 10 to 15-minute intervals from the lower Peak Tram terminus located on Garden Road in Central. Exact change is required if paying by cash and Octopus cards are accepted.

So we reached the peak by taking the tram and obviously our first destination is Madame Tussauds. You know looking those wax figure gave me goosebump. As in they are alive and my mind start tricking me by having wild imagination. In the same time, I feel like poke their eye XD Of course, we are going camwhore style!

* Kelly Chen! *
* Michael Jackson *
* and wild Iron Man appear *
* My favourite singer, Miriam yeung *
* Madame Tussauds herself *

Didn't really manage to capture with every figures since alot people and very very packed. Those people from mainland most of them don't have courtesy to queue at all which kinda potong stim to me. Both of me and gf have to curse them using malay language LOL

* The famous Pablo Picasso *
* Albert Einstein *
* Johnnie Depp! *
* This is why I shouldn't take pic with Yao Ming *

After almost 2 hours+ exploration at Madame Tussauds, we decided to grab our lunch. Opposite the Peak is Peak Galleria, feeling curious we went there and decided to dine in at Spaghetti 360 since we clueless what to eat.

* View from the peak *
* Another view *
* Ice Cream for dog? D: *
* Lucky dog *

Deary ordered the Spaghetti with Hokkaido Cuttlefish in Garlic Herb Squid Ink Sauce while I ordered Japanese Curry Rice with Pork Chop Cutlet.

* Spaghetti with Hokkaido Cuttlefish in Garlic Herb Squid Ink Sauce $86 *
* Japanese Curry Rice with Pork Chop Cutlet $78 *

The spaghetti wasn't as black as I had back to last time in Cappuccino Italian Restaurant in Sunway Pyramid. Plus, it is not thick enough to make all your teeth black too hehehe.. But it wasn't bad. Taste quite good but nothing much to shout. My curry rice is less salty compare to the 1 in Malaysia and godness, the Pork Chop cutlet is awesome :D

We even went to Tai Cheong bakery which is inside the Peak Galleria as well. For your information, Tai Cheong bakery is one of the must eat food in Hong Kong in my list. They are famous for Egg Tart of course. Just looking on the menu with difference type of Egg Tart make us go crazy and ordered all of them each!



* Cheese Egg Tart *
* Pork Egg Tart *
* Blueberry Egg Tart *
* Classic Egg Tart *
* Pastry Egg Tart *

I forgot how much it cost since I did not snap any photo of the menu sigh..if I not mistaken it should be $5 or $6 each. Overall, nothing much to shout on the Salty Egg (i forgot what it call >,<) but the Egg Tart is really nice. Crispy enough and the egg flavour is well balances. Not to mentioned it is smooth enough to land into your mouth and chew it. This is really one of the best egg tart I ever taste in my life.

 Nevertheless, after done our lunch and tea time, we went back to guest house for rest. While heading back, manage to capture few photos of the building around Central.
 





More photo in my Jackie A Journey Called Jloi Facebook Page :)

2 comments:

Henry Lee said...

All the wax figure looks so weird... a little scary! haha

Jackie said...

@henry wait till u see the 1 at i-City :P