Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A Journey to Hong Kong Day 2 : Man Mo Temple (文武廟) @ Hollywood Road, Sheung Wan and Ladder Street (樓梯街)

Click in if you havent read my Journey to Hong Kong Day 1 Part 3.


On second day of my Hong Kong trip, we are ready for further adventure! We took MTR to Central, had our Mc Donald breakfast and head to our first destination, Man Mo Temple.





The moment I step to Central, I really feel the city life here. Not a huge difference compare with Tsim Sha Tsui but still, those tall building provide make awesome vibe. I really can stay here forever and do as much photograph as I want.


Ok back to Man Mo Temple (文武廟). It is a temple that picturesque tribute to the God of Literature (Man) and the God of War (Mo), both of whom were worshipped by ambitious students looking to succeed in the civil examinations of Imperial China.


So yea, for those who wish to be smart, come and pray here often k?


Though I am very interested with temple because for me temple is one of the symbol that reflected the society belief and culture, but I gotta disappointed with Man Mo Temple. It is small and easily to go through the whole temple within 5 minutes.


What I hate most are all in Chinese.. I can't even read the description for each God Statue.. Ok I mean to hate myself for being unable to read chinese :( I gonna die if I am alone in Hong Kong for sure LOL

Done our shooting in Man Mo Temple, we plan to go the Peak Tram to Madame Tussaud's. Hence, Google Map lead us take bus on top of the Man Mo Temple, which mean we are suppose to climb the Ladder Street. Oh my God. This is torturous! Not sure Ladder Street is taller or our Bat U Caves better.


But I survive climbing the whole stairs and manage to take pic with this cute graffiti. I felt that morning both of us had a very awesome work out.


What most unfortunate was we took the bus, clueless where to stop, ended up we stop at Sai Wan Ho station. Cursing on my own mistake, we went back all the way to Admiralty Station by MTR and had some walk to our destination, Peak Tram. Well, stay tune to my next update! You know which it is ;)

More photo in my Jackie A Journey Called Jloi Facebook Page :)

2 comments:

Xue Ren said...

wow the stairs superb steep weyy! how long u used to climb up all the stairs eh??

Jackie said...

@Xue Ren super like wanna die lorrrr...i think it took me about 10-15 min. Dun remember haha