Thursday, July 04, 2013

Lone Ranger Premier Screening


Courtesy to Nuffnang I get to watch Lone Ranger Premier Screening before it release in cinema.

From producer Jerry Bruckheimer and director Gore Verbinski, the filmmaking team behind the blockbuster franchise “Pirates of the Caribbean”, comes Disney’s “The Lone Ranger,” a thrilling adventure infused with action and humor, in which the famed masked hero is brought to life through new eyes. Native American spirit warrior Tonto (Johnny Depp) recounts the untold tales that transformed John Reid (Armie Hammer), a man of the law, into a legend of justice—taking the audience on a runaway train of epic surprises and humorous friction as the two unlikely heroes must learn to work together and fight against greed and corruption.

I think it is rarely for me to feel 150 minutes for a movie is too long. There are mixture of love and hate for the movie. I love the background music at the final battle. It remind me alot disney classic mickey mouse cartoon. I hate the movie because it just pure draggy and mediocre story line. However I do admit it has great character development, great chemistry between two main character and slap stick comedy kind of action. Ok I do love the part when Tonto mentioned Kemosabe meaning to John.




Alot unexplained and illogical part. How does Tonto and John can still move freely and as in nothing happen after they just get flung away from the train at the beginning of the show? How Tonto escape from the jail? How can the train so easily detach by a gun shot? I wouldn't even wanna start questioning the white house.




Overall, this movie is worth to watch because of Johnnie Depp. But to be honest it wasn't his best acting. I still prefer his old movie, Sweeney Todd anyone?

0 comments: