Saturday, June 15, 2013

Man Of Steel 3D IMAX Movie


Finally get to watch Man Of Steel! A long awaiting movie since the beginning of the year :D Not to mention it is my first time pay a visit to TGV IMAX. Too bad the movie not worth to watch in 3D at all. Lack of depth and somehow the sound system (commented by Ken) abit screw up and jumble around.

A young boy learns that he has extraordinary powers and is not of this Earth. As a young man, he journeys to discover where he came from and what he was sent here to do. But the hero in him must emerge if he is to save the world from annihilation and become the symbol of hope for all mankind.

I mentioned in twitter last night it was AWESOME. Well at least it is good enough for me though I felt it could be better. Alot scene, emotion and story telling can be improve, can be more depth and can be more engaging to the audience. However, I am not saying it suppose to be dark and emo like Batman/Dark Knight. Superman not suppose to be some emo felor. Nevertheless, Superman is one of my favourite super hero since last time and I am glad the movie get reboot to suite current audience taste.




I like the flash back of Clark Kent. I like the way he struggle using his power. I like his father advice especially after he save those kids from the bus. He asked his father "so what I let them die?" and the dad answer "Maybe.." and then goes to another event where Clark abit rebellious during his teenage. I felt the rebellious not impactful enough if to compare with Peter Parker (Spiderman) with Uncle Ben. Very soon, his father die due to tornado and I cried a little when Clark Kent said he trust his father and he not using his power. His father ask himw ait and told him it is not the time yet before he get blew away by tornado. Seriously, I love this flash back. The only thing I dislike is the relationship between Clark Kent & Louis Lane went way too fast. I prefer they spend more time developed them.




Action packed was alright. Watching Superman VS Zod is like watching Dragonball. You know the part when Bezita (Vegeta) came and tried to kill Goku (Kakaroct). How I wish Zod character and facial could be more wicked and evil. The part where Zod requesting the earthling to surrender Kal-el (Clark Kent) to them, for some unknown reason Zod asked Louis Lane aboard as well. After forced to snapped the Zod neck, Superman was regret because he had to kill one of his kind. But did he regret with all the destruction and confirm cause alot casualties during his fight? It wasn't shown in the movie. They didn't even mentioned what's public opinion towards Superman. The movie just ended with Clark Kent enter Daily Planet to work as reporter but in fact it is d best way for him to disguise and blend in. A job that no one will suspect if he disappear to dangerous scene.




Overall, nice film with abit flaw here and there. It could easily be one of the best Superman movie for me. Too bad they no longer use the phrase "Is a bird, is a plane! No, is SUPERMAN!".

0 comments: