Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Chernobyl Diaries Premier Screening


Courtesy of Nuffnang I get to watch Chernobyl Diaries movie before it announce in local cinema.

Six tourists hire an extreme tour guide who takes them to the abandoned city Pripyat, the former home to the workers of the Chernobyl nuclear reactor. During their exploration, they soon discover they are not alone.

Well, I guess the summary explain pretty much of the movie. The rest of the show is just dark, shaky and sound that frighten you. Honestly, watching this movie make me feel like it is a low budget production. I would rather they make it as a documentary or cameraman POV style. I honestly got annoyed by the camera spinning and shaky.




Story line pretty expected - not inspiring at all. Cast acting was nothing to shout and no character development worth to mention. The movie doesnt really explain what exactly happen in Chernobyl. Plus, it is impossible for the radioactive so fast reduced after 25 years (if my memory served the correct timeline).




So there are people who stay there and become mutant? But why they act like zombie and eat human? Why not eat the fish, bear, dog or cannibalize themself for survival? Alot non-logical scene and the final of the movie shown there are some sort exprimental running around. X-Men anyone?



I would prefer paranomal activity than this movie. Oh well, I guess you will just get yourself scare rather than the logic and history behind Chernobyl accident.

0 comments: