Saturday, March 08, 2014

Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Review

P3062172

You see, I am not an audiophile. For me, as long as I can listen the music, it is good enough. Of course not with shitty sound quality that hurt my ear. COurtesy to Sennheiser Malaysia, I got to review the latest Momentum On-Ear! This is gonna be the most expensive headphone I owned. Not to mention it is stylish and feel premium.

Key Specification :


  • Impedance : 18 Ω
  • Frequency response : 16–22,000 Hz
  • Sound pressure level (SPL) : 112 dB (1 kHz/1 Vrms)
  • THD, total harmonic distortion : < 0.5% (1 kHz, 100 dB SPL) Contact pressure approx. : 3.2 N Ear coupling : Supra-aural Cable length : 1.4 m Transducer principle : Dynamic, closed Weight : 160 g (including remote) Load rating : 200 mW


P3062173

Main Features


  • Groundbreaking technologies like open-type headphones, electrostatics, one way transducer or ring radiator driver
  • Equipped with Sennheiser's proprietary 18 Ohm transducers, which take technology from high-end heapdhone sector to ensure full stereo sound with every detail of breath and tone clearly audible
  • All models are complemented with a headphone and earpads finished in high-tech Alcantara sourced directly from Milan to complement Sennheiser's exquisite choice of materials
  • MOMENTUM On-Ear is available in pink, green, blue, ivory, red, brown and black - emerging trend for softer shades that promises to be a key look in fashion collections in the coming year.


P3062168

Design & Material

I might be a sucker when come to design. Everyone love nice looking gadget isn't? Sennheiser did put extra afford on the Momentum On-Ear design and material. It coated with metal brush stainless steel at the slider and also beautifully stitches on the top part. The earpads was made from luxurious Alcantara®, where the material allowed the material breathable and avoid being warm after long

P3062171

User Experience & Performance

Honestly, I think the Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear did very well. While the Earpads won't cancel outside noise due to open-back design, but it is still pretty much good in muffling most of the surround environment sound. The earpads doesn't really hurt and it is comfortable to sit long on my ear and I used it alot during my long working hour. Overall it is one of headphone I used alot during my travelling using LRT and also in office.

The details heard from the headphone is definitely well define plus with Sennheiser signature sound quality. I tested various genre of music using the headphone from rock, pop, EDM and even some stand up comedy audio (Yes I have a tonned of Dayo Wong stand up comedy in my phone for me to listen when I am stress). Personally, I felt everything is great. Left and right channel was clearly distinguish, bass was great though not too over do it and sharp and precise vocal sound. The only complain I have probably the soft vocal on some rock music I play especially when I am riding on train even on max volume. Overall, it was a great experience using the Momentum On-Ear.

P3062166

Conclusion

Premium, stylish yet high performance. Definitely a headphone with no complain for average users. The Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear will cost RM829 and available at Sennheiser Concept Store @ Bangsar Shopping Centre.

2 comments:

Biopolymath said...

Good that you have Sennheiser! I dream of owning one, hehe!

Sennheiser India said...

Hello,
Sennheiser Momentum On-ear have Closed design, Ease of use, comfort, Maximum durability, Convenience at its best and 2 yrs warranty.
headphones with microphone